the recently completed 140+ Acres of Ponds, the South Owens Lake area has experienced a re-birth in wildlife population. Founded
by Tony, Kathie, and Elizabeth Haralambos and Jim and James Barger, it is the first project to re-habitate the Owens Lake
area. Historically this site was known to be an excellent wildlife habitat area until the water was diverted from Owens Lake
in the early 1900's.